simplicity that work for you
Our intuitive interface and streamlined workflow walk you through setting up your group and inviting members. Your group can be up and running in a matter of minutes. If you’re the type person who likes step-by-step details, check out the helpful videos below that walk you through the quick and easy set-up flow.
What you do:
1. Start a Group!
Groupeasy supports 4 distinct types of groups.
1) Public + Open
2) Public + Verified
3) Private + Open
4) Private + Verified
1) Public/Open groups can be found in searches and can be joined by anyone. This makes the on-boarding very simple. People can become members simply by going to the website, finding the group and chosing to join.
2) Public/Verified groups can also be found in searches, and anyone can request to join the group. Membership requests are approved by the group Admin. On-boarding members is easy and the Admin is notified immediately for any requests.
3) Private/Open groups are not found in public searches, although anyone can join if they choose. The group Admin can post /email out a link to the Group Page for people to join from, or they can send invitations.
Groupeasy provides every group with its’ own customizable webpage – called the GROUP PAGE. Below are the components that you will want to consider and maybe talk about with your group members. ( * indicates the item is optional.)
1) The Group name
2) The Group description
3) Upcoming Calendar events that are marked to share *
4) The Group type (Public/private, Open/verified)
5) The Group Admin *
6) The option to Share the Group Page *
2. Set-up Account Info
2) Birthday (day/month)
4) Phone info
You choose how you share your information with each group where you are a member. (NOTE: you only enter your personal data once – in the CONTACT INFORMATION tab.)
In the SHARING tab, you will decide what information to share. There is a drop-down so that you can select and share with each group. So for example, in an virtual group with 500 members interested in Corvettes, you might only share an email. If the group is your neighborhood, you may share all your data.
1) Full Name
3) Cell phone
4) Birthday (day/month)
YES! Go to SETTINGS and the Messaging tab.
There are two types of information that you can customize.
NOTE: You can do this differently for each group to which you belong.
1) MESSAGES: Choose to receive messages by
b. Text message
c. Both email and text
d. Neither: receive no messages
2) Notifications: Set the frequency for receiving notifications (reminders, updates etc.)
3. Invite People to Join
There are two ways for people join the group.
1) Onboard Members by sending invitations from Groupeasy (see Video)
2) Send a link (from the GROUP PAGE) to people or
send them to the Groupeasy website to FIND A GROUP.
The advantage to using the On-boarding process within Groupeasy is that you can easily track how you are doing. It is very quick to go to GROUP ADMIN/INVITE MEMBERS and determine who has not joined yet. Who has joined will show up in MEMBERS!
On-boarding members to a group is an easy process with three steps:
1) Collect email addresses
2) Send out the Pre-Invitation Email (See Pre-Invite Email Template)
3) Send invitations to join Groupeasy
(Best Practice): Monitor Group Membership and ensure everyone is coming to the party!
There are two ways for people to get the link that lets them join the Group.
1) You can send the link for the GROUP PAGE to people via email or push it out through social media.
2) You can send them the link to the Groupeasy website (www.groupeasy.com) and direct them to FIND A (your) GROUP.
Note: In order to find a group, it must be a PUBLIC group.
<Group name> has made a decision to use a communication platform called Groupeasy! Groupeasy provides a secure set of tools to help us manage our calendar, our files, and most importantly provide us with a mechanism for information sharing outside of our meetings.
If you are currently a participating member and we have your email, you are receiving an email invitation to join on Groupeasy!
This is how it will work:
1) You will receive an email inviting you to the group.
2) You will be prompted to create an account:
3) You will be prompted to create a User Name
Consider making a recommendation about what contact information the group would like members to share. For example:
- If this is a large community action group, people may only want to share an email or a cell number.
- If it is your neighborhood, you may share everything.
These recommendations can be shared either through the NEWSBOARD or through MESSAGES.
If you have technical issues, please email the groupeasy Team at [email protected].